Contact



@BYSFEASLVDRHNE | Design • Fashion • Graphics • Illustration • Visuals

Thursday, January 7, 2016

My 2015 Recap

It's time to say goodbye to the year 2015 that was filled with many moments of happiness and sorrows in each of our lives. It's been an incredible year, thank you to those who've been a part of it. Here comes a brand new year to enjoy accepting the realities of life. May everyone dedicate the New Year to humanity and the betterment of the world at large. I know it's been a week since the New Year, but better late than never, so here's a recap of my amazing 2015!

1) Designed for Chingay 2015 Costumes (Nadi Singapura)


Photo credits: Nadi Singapura

It was an honour to be selected to design for Nadi Singapura (together with one of my closest friends, of course!). In celebration of SG50, Chingay 2015, themed "We Love SG" (我们爱新加坡), was the grandest Parade ever organised! IT WAS THE BIGGEST AND GRANDEST PARADE IN CHINGAY HISTORY, TOO!

2) My 22nd Birthday a.k.a #OTRASG



If you want it bad enough, and you're willing to make the sacrifices, you can do it. Eventhough we gotta wait for more than half a day - through rain or shine, with or without sleep, sitting/sleeping on the goddamn painful floor, the sacrifices we made were selfless.

And this tshirt though... It's obviously something I wouldn't wear out but... All the sake for One Direction, really.

It was indeed the best birthday ever as I finally got to see them on my birthday itself!!! Been a fan since the XFactor back in 2010 and now it's a dream come true. No regrets, though - waking up earlier than usual, started joining the "unofficial" queue at 7am eventhough the official queue only starts at 11am, doors opened at 6pm, concert was supposed to start at 8pm but it ended up starting an hour later which was at 9pm... Endless jumping, screaming, shouting, squeling and shrieking for a full solid two hours throughout the concert... Best birthday gift ever!!! Definitely a night worth remembering for! Love you, One Direction!!!



And also, not forgetting celebrating it with my friends! x

3) Photoshoot for Graduation Fashion Show 2015



4) RIP iPhones



I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS NIGHT, EVER. And I guess I should consider partying a little harder... NOT! Spoilt both of my iPhones when I was out partying one night! Worst nightmare too since the last time I backed up my phones was quite some time back! Ahh, bummer.

5) Final Submission



I feel like I've been spending ALL of my time in school every single day but I still don't understand why everything can't be done on time. Spent the entire night doing last minute hand stitching, write up, got ready and went out, and I had to write my annotations whilst in the cab too. But I'm glad it's finally fucking done.

6) Singapore Fashion Week | Fashion Talk Series - In Conversation with Diane von Furstenberg and Steven Kolb



What a great start to Singapore Fashion Week! Such an inspiring discussion with Diane von Furstenberg and Steven Kolb. And as quated by Diane, "You don't have to be a bitch to win." ;)

P/s; I literally died!!! Met Brittany Hampton DVF Global Brand Ambassador House of DVF at Singapore Fashion Week Fashion Talks Series! Anyway, don't you think my oversized top makes me look like Baymax... All the lols.

7) Singapore Fashion Week | Fashion Talk Series - The Power of Social Media on the Global Fashion Industry with Miroslava Duma and Dion Lee



Getting upclose and personal with Miroslava Duma and Dion Lee at Singapore Fashion Week Fashion Talks Series! And especially, Buro247.

8) Fitting for Graduation Fashion Show 2015



9) Graduation Fashion Show 2015



Pardon my awkward pose in this picture 'cause I was in midst of taking the final bow... Or maybe the other way round. Anyway! One year, wait, I mean, FOUR years of studying fashion - with the insane amount of neverending workload, has never been easy. Glad it's finally over! So, what's next?

10) Convocation 2015



For those who know me, you know that when I fall, I had no choice but I get up and work even harder. All those never ending workload, sleepless nights, endless night outs which literally killed me the morning after... Has ended! My whining days are over! This day marks the day where I officially graduate with a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Fashion - yay! OFFICIALLY A DEGREE HOLDER NOW. :P

11) Christmas Dinner



Oh well, just a mandatory not-looking-into-the-camera shot... It's always fun to catch up on life after graduation, with the neverending Christmas centerpieces and desserts, and all of our drinking games and crazy forfeits to add to the fun. Here's to the unglamorous life of us fashion graduates!

Bring it on, 2016.

No comments: